In separate articles, we’ve given you what you need to know about the Clarisonic Mia 2 and the Clinique Sonic System. In those posts, we’ve featured each of those device’s product highlights, the promises they advertise, and what users have been saying about them. But are you on the fence as to which product to choose? Both are from reputable brands, so we understand that choosing can be difficult. That said, we’re giving you a product comparison between the two.
Clarisonic Mia 2 vs Clinique Sonic System: Similarities and Differences
- Build and Exterior. Both brushes are waterproof, so you can use them in the shower except when you’re charging them.
- Charging System. Clarisonic has a patented pLink charger, which can be attached to the unit through a magnet. There is no socket or holes to plug into. Clinique, on the other hand, charges on a base which also acts as a stable stand.
- Accessories. Clarisonic has an additional travel brush case; Clinique does not.
- Brushes. Clinique’s bristles have two sections labeled white and green. The white bristles are softer and the green bristles are a bit stiffer. Also, the bristles of the Clinique sonic brush are slanted to make it easier for you to clean hard-to-reach areas of the face (such as the nose part). Clarisonic’s bristles, on the other hand, are flat.
- Brush Heads. Clinique only has one brush head. Clarisonic, on the other hand, has several that you can interchange with depending on your skin type. As for the size of the brush head, Clinique’s is smaller than Clarisonic’s.
- Speed. Clarisonic is slightly more powerful than the Clinique Sonic Brush. Also, it has two speed settings whereas the Clinique brush only has one.
- Size. Clarisonic and Clinique are approximately the same in height or length. However, Clarisonic Mia 2 is larger and bulkier than Clinique, which has a slim and more compact design.
- Weight. Clinique is lighter than the Mia 2.
- Color. Clinique has two colors, white and black (for men). Clarisonic Mia 2 is available in 4 colors (white, lavender, sea breeze, and pink).
- Vibrations. With the Clarisonic, vibration is mostly concentrated on the brush head. You can feel a little on the handle. With the Clinique, however, the entire unit vibrates. That means you can feel the vibration on your entire hand, which can be annoying. Clarisonic’s vibration, however is louder than Clinique’s.
- Country of Origin. The Clarisonic is made in the US. Clinique
Which One to Get?
If you have sensitive skin and are looking for a product only for deep cleansing, then the Clinique Sonic System is for you.
If you’re looking for a product that has more power for exfoliation in addition to deep cleansing, and if you want more features and options, then go for the Clarisonic Mia 2.
VIDEO: Clarisonic Mia 2 vs Clinique Sonic System
Youtube user Lovee did a pretty good job comparing the Clarisonic Mia 2 with the Clinique Sonic System. She compares these two facial brushes side by side. Watch.